Sunday 24 March 2019

Horse Guards finished and all ready for departure

Pleased to report I got the Horse Guards finished today so upon my return from America it will be the turn of the 6th Regiment of horse.

I'm pleased with how they have turned out but next I really need to get Kingston's light Horse done for Culloden - we shall see.
I also managed to get 6 of Keith's Highlanders (87th foot) converted and 6 Freytag Jaeger together with a couple of running British Grenadiers all destined to appear in Charles' book on small actions in the SYW I will get these in the post to Griffin for a master mould and upon my return I will do a few more pieces - mainly Jaeger command and Grenadiers for the 87th.
So with that little lot done just had enough time to pack my case for the trip, all I have left to do is sort the reading material and with a trip to Gettysburg lined up I think I know what I will be reading.




9 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nice looking figures Graham.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Your Horse Guards are superb!

Graham C said...

Ray,
Thanks you should buy some you'd enjoy painting them 🤣

Graham C said...

Jonathan,
Many thanks

Colin Ashton said...

Excellent stuff!

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Enjoy the trip Graham and keep away from the big breakfasts.

Graham C said...

Robbie,
thanks. Big breakfasts aren't so bad - it's when you follow them with big lunches and big dinners it becomes a problem :)

'Lee. said...

Hi Graham,

Really nicely done those cavalry, and I love the workbench pic! Are you sculpting masters yourself these days?

Graham C said...

Lee,
I'm using old greens and adding armies, heads belts etc and sculpting where required.lets see how they turn out 🤣