Tuesday 12 March 2019

Work in Progress

With the oncoming trip to America in two weeks to see my son, the preparations for Salute then as always time is limited however I'm determined to make the most.
So this last week I finished the horses and basing for the Horse Guards they are awaiting the issue of the standard and the Matt varnish to complete.
I then need to do the 16 horses for the 6th horse whose troopers are patiently waiting for their mounts.
On the bench I have started on making the Freytag Jaegers, the project with Charles on his next book on small scale actions of the Seven Years War see the requirement of quite a few new troops. With sculptors time limited some of it is down to us.
I did the Von Luckner Hussars and Charles did the Mounted Freytag.
Now it's pressing on with the foot Freytag and some Keith's Highlanders who apparently feature quite heavily in some of the actions. Hopefully I will get these off to Griffin before I leave and will do Grenadiers and command upon my return
The joys of a busy life.
Just nosing in is a knight from the Lannister faction of A Song of Ice and Fire, with the last season fast approaching it would be remiss of me if I didn't try to finish the army.



7 comments:

Colin Ashton said...

Flying in two eels? You'll be able to do the conga all the way there .

Graham C said...

Well spotted time for an edit teaches me not to read what is writ and trust spell check 🤣

Jonathan Freitag said...

The Freytag Jaegers; one of MY favorite SYW units!

Der Alte Fritz said...

Autocorrect works when you don't want it to and doesn't work when you need it.😄

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Just keep pegging away Graham, of course if you didnt take a holiday you would be under less pressure. Who said retirement was pleasurable?

Graham C said...

Robbie
Very true but there again no right to complain it's all stuff I enjoy just maybe in the wrong order 🤣

Graham C said...

Well hopefully these will turn out ok