Monday 11 October 2021

Partizan 2021

 Well after what seems an eternity the time has come to venture out and attend a Wargames show. Partizan has always been my favourite show and attending this year as a punter with no time pressure was going to be different. I treat myself to an overnight stay in the Premier Inn about a mile and half away from the venue. 

The evening meal in the adjoining beefeater was novel in that you were presented with a list of food not available due to food shortages and supply problems! So if quorn sausages, truffle burgers, lasagne and fillet steaks are your thing then you better stock up. But the staff were friendly and I got fed and watered, later in the evening I met Stuart Insch and Graham Hilditch for a couple of drinks, they’d set up Graham’s 40mm SYW game which as you will see later was most impressive.

Refreshed and relaxed I arrived at the show ground about 9.45am and a pretty long queue was already formed. The weather was nice and a fresh breeze made the queuing ok and the Partizan organisers had asked people to wear masks whilst moving around and to be fair on going in most people put their masks on but by lunch time it was apparent most people had chosen not to wear them. I found that a little unsettling and so I left at 1.30 and did a small detour by Marston Moor.

Before posting the photos I have to say it was good to meet up with people I haven’t seen for two years and catch up, of course Duncan was missing and at noon a number of others gathered to offer up a toast to him drinking the Port ‘Tricks’ had bought for Duncan’s birthday but which he never had chance to deliver.

The show itself was busy and the guys had opened the two large doors at the end of the Hall to allow air to circulate and it was greatly appreciated.

The quality of the games did not disappoint and in my humble opinion if you want top quality demo and participation games this show can not be beaten. As always I didn’t get photos of every game and just because I didn’t take a,photo doesn’t mean it didn’t warrant it so for example I owe David Imrie an apology for not taking photos of his game for some reason!

A 60mm To the Strongest participation game with Simon Millar and friend a most impressive looking game








Durham Wargames with their Dark Age Battle



Graham Hilditch with his absolutely stunning 40mm Seven Years game 

















The Perry Twins attended and of course put a display on of their Paraguayan range



A 28mm conversion of Command and Colours Borodino





Shrewsbury Wargames put on a 28mm Seven Years war battle









And a cornucopia f images of just some of the other games that caught my eye



















So a return to proper Wargaming with a bang and if I only attended one show a year this would be it.
The lack of mask wearing most probably means I won’t attend the York show in February unless the situation improves dramatically as I always find that show to be very overcrowded and uncomfortable
I will do a short part 2 re purchases other thoughts etc shortly




5 comments:

The Tiberian General. said...

Fantastic post Graham, thank you for sharing your photo's very much appreciated.


Willz.

The Jolly Broom Man said...

My god there was some good stuff on display. I’d have spent the entire day looking at those ruddy galleons mind you!

StuartInsch said...

Good to see you again Mate. Lovely to catch up.
Excellent report.

David Morfitt said...

Great report with splendid pictures; thank you!

Cheers,

David.

marinergrim said...

Good post Graham. I look forward to your post regarding thoughts about the show. Having read some other blog posts there is more than a little concern being expressed about the reaction to covid measures and the level of control being exercised by the average person whether he be in the street or at a wargames show.