Thursday 4 February 2021

Slow progress

 These last few weeks I’ve been pushing to get all my Crann Tara stock sorted in preparation for a mini sale later this month so the painting has slowed, however I should have some new pieces to show after the weekend!

I did find some files on thingiverse for a FIW blockhouse and stockade so whilst bagging figures I printed the blockhouse



I think it’s just the right size, printed well and for less than £10 no complaints.

I was also pleasantly surprised to receive a parcel, my wife has exceeded all my expectations and got me an early birthday present. I’ve said on here before that I think Peter Dennis and his paper soldiers is a great idea to play periods you’ve wanted to try but don’t have the time to buy and paint figures.

When Wo Fun games started to produce Peter’s figures in plexiglass I’ve been mulling over I’d I should invest. Always wanted to do the Peninsular war at more than skirmish level but know I will never paint the figures.


Two boxes of 18mm figures 😁 I’ve had a quick look and I’m impressed, box opening and a report on contents etc etc coming over the weekend

Keep safe

5 comments:

Mark Dudley said...

I am intrigued as to what you of think of the Wofun figures and whether they are better than cutting and gluing together the paper versions.

The Jolly Broom Man said...

I’m waiting eagerly for that report on Wofun. I took the plunge yesterday and placed an order for the ECW. Not so much to get into a new period but to replace my 6mm bods in one go. I’ve my eye on the Romans as well, but I’ll see how this first lot turns out before ordering more. Glad you like them.

Graham C said...

JBM
David on Wargame Odysey is selling his 18mm ECW
Mark
Leaving aside the cost then initial thoughts way better
Graham

Donnie McGibbon said...

Must admit I have been tempted by Wofun, they look the part and ready to play is a nice idea!!
The blockhouse is a nice looking model, an interesting post on your blog but what got me excited was the word "sale" looking forward to this!!

Graham C said...

Donnie hang on in there - it will be sometime this month
Graham