Tuesday 23 February 2021

Richard Ansell - very sad News

  Over the weekend I received the sad news that Richard Ansell had died on the 11th February, he died from a heart attack after attending hospital to undergo an exploratory operation on an old injury from his re enactment days.

You can read more about Richard and his incredible sculpting talent here http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=8076

Richard Clarke of the Too Fat Lardies was a good friend of Richard.

From my own point of view Richard was the main sculptor behind Crann Tara Miniatures and had worked with me for over 10 years. Remarkably I never had the opportunity to meet him, but we spoke on a number of occasions and when my mam started to suffer from dementia Richard gave me a lot of advice and support.

It’s sad to think I will never have that opportunity to meet him and shake his hand.

My thoughts are with his wife Coral during this sad and challenging time.


5 comments:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

That's terrible news Graham.
The man was a giant in sculpting beautiful figures.

Chris Gregg said...

Very sad news indeed about a man who was clearly an exceptionally talented artist. Thanks for the link to some wonderful photos of his work.
Chris G

DaveD said...

That’s sad news - a talent that has been lost to us .

Aly Morrison said...

Very sad news Graham...
He will indeed be missed... he has however left a magnificent legacy.

All the best. Aly

World2dave said...

Very sorry to hear this news Graham.
His wonderful figures leave behind an amazing legacy to wargamers.