Thursday 28 September 2023

Bunker Hill update. - The Redoubt

 Another short update…..

I’m sure I’ve mentioned previously that Mark Nichipor (my Brave Fusilier blog) very kindly sent me a lot of information on the redoubt and its garrison for my Bunker Hill project. The maps and dimensions clearly showed that to groundscale the redoubt would be incredibly small, so with a bit of fudging and tweaking I’ve ended up making it around twice as big as it should be but it will accommodate the troops that garrisoned it. Just means I shall tweak some of the other distances.

I decided to make it a drop on terrain piece rather than make the whole hill etc. as these days I try to think of storage as well. Any way after a bit of searching I bought some of the resin earth rampart sets from Pendraken and with a bit of cutting, green stuff etc and using some plasticard sheet I must have had for over 10 years ! I’ve ended up with





The model has been undercoated and ink washed ready for painting. The base of unpainted figures is just for scale……

The small wooden flèche protects the sally point within the redoubt 😁, overall I’m pretty pleased with the result and I can press on to get it finished, I’m painting some extra ‘firing’ militia figures on smaller bases to garrison it. 

I also need to make the small stone wall for the beach and do some work on some of the fences.

5 comments:

Tiberian general said...

That is a cool looking model Graham, thanks for sharing.



Willz.

Ray Rousell said...

And very nice it looks too Graham!

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Very nice matey - should look even better packed with brave defenders.

Norm said...

Good job, I only recognise the Pendraken ramparts because you mention them, they have combined into a very useful set of shapes (I have some that might now need to be re-purposed :-) ). Did you snap. Them with pliers?

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely looking redoubt!
Best Iain