Wednesday 25 March 2020

Action at Oberelsungen

I mentioned in my last post that I was due to meet John Dougan at Charles Grants last weekend to fight a couple of 'small actions' for his forthcoming publication.

As we had already decided to cancel Charles suggested a PBM so I found myself in command of a Hanoverian advance guard consisting of Freytag Jaegers ( mounted and on foot), 2 quadrons ofvScots Greys, 2 squadrons of 4th Dragoons and Grenadiers and Highlanders.

The Jaegers were already on table the remainder of the column had a variable arrival. What lay before me was unknown but the task was to take the village as swiftly as possible and inflict damage on the French rearguard.

I don't intend to disclose what happened as the engagement will be published, Charles sent regular reports with photos ( one of which appears below).

Over 20 bounds were played and I'd forgotten how good PBM games are, limited intelligence only reacting to what you're told or can see from the photos all damn good fun and of course Charles enjoyed himself.

With regards the other PBM based on the Jacobite rebellion I've ended up as General Cope, currently sitting in the highlands looking for Jacobites 🤣.
I hope to start catching up on some painting- I anticipate a full lock down shortly judging by the number of idiots who have decided to ignore Government advice. Even locally the Police were abused by people walking on the seafront when being advised to conform. 
A generation of people who have just done what they want and when and can see no reason to change because they only think of themselves.
Rant over

Keep safe and carry on painting




4 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

The nice weather isn't helping , where's the wet and winy climate when you need it !

Ray Rousell said...

Nice looking game!

Graham C said...

I agree just goes to show that Mother Earth really does have a sense of humour, when this is over watch us return to the wettest season on record

Graham C said...

Ray
Certainly looked it - got loads of photos off Charles as part of the updates, daren't show them though as I don't want yo givecthe game away 🤣