Wednesday 1 April 2020

Time well spent

in between clearing orders for Crann Tara I've seized the opportunity to catch up on a number of things that need finishing.
I am hoping to bring my Culloden project to a close this year and put the game on at the Other Partizan to that end today I've finished and based another 48 Highlanders - puts me past the half way point somtheres still a bit of a mountain to climb but the next set is on the desk.
I usually paint these in groups of 16-20 figures and then when I have 3 or 4 sets done I mix them up in the basing process!





So whilst more tartans are being painted next up will be the horses forvtwo more squadrons of Saxon Cuirassiers - at least my paint stock levels are high! 

12 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice Graham, have you gone crossed eyed yet with all that tartan?

StuartInsch said...

Looking good Graham. A plethora of plaid!

Graham C said...

Thanks Ray - not yet! Only another 120 to go 😀

Graham C said...

Stuart,
Thanks and another plethora to complete 😆

'Lee. said...

Those are lovely Graham, lots of very angry Scotsmen, I would not wish to be standing to face them! I wish I could paint tartan like that.

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Looking really good Graham, cant wait to see the Jocks get a whooping at whatever show we finally are able to attend.

Graham C said...

Lee
Thanks for the comments. Lots of cheating going on with the tartan I've found a style which suits me and the figures. Wait until you see the British firing line !!!!

Graham C said...

No bias then? 🤣🤣
I've set the deadline for 'the other Partizan ' onlynon the basis that without a date to work to I wouldn't do them

guy said...

These look great. I especially like the colour scheme of the last batch you showed a few days ago. I have been seriously considering some reinforcements to my lads. They are a bit like the dervish/fuzzies - you can never really have enough.

Guy

Graham C said...

Guy,
You're right you can never have enough. To be honest I'm finding muted colours easier to paint and get an effect. I always though a lot of the Tartans on dare I say it 'Outlander' were pretty good.

andrew53naylor@gmail.com said...

Hi Graham pleased to see the project moving forward. Do you have a good set of rules for these hansome chaps?

Graham C said...

Hi,
I use Charles Grants ' The Wargame' with suitable amendments for using my smaller regiments (30 and 24 figures) I have been working on extra rules for the Jacobites and I think I'm just about there