Wednesday 18 March 2020

Interesting times!!! What's on the bench?

So I'm not going to ramble on about the current crisis and is it over reacting or not - bottom line is whatever the issue a lot of people are going to suffer.
So now that Salute is cancelled and I suspect most other shows until at least July/August then as far as the business is concerned the pressure is off in terms of show prep and as long as the money comes in then business will continue.
The paint bench is back to its messy self and this weekend there will be a tidy up, priority is the Jacobites and my new French Indian War figures.

I was due to go to Charles Grants this weekend for a couple of games that will appear in his forthcoming book however we have decided to cancel that, but on the upside we are doing a pbm event instead so tonight over a malt I shall be pondering over the maps and issuing orders for my Hanoverian force.

In addition Alex Burns on the Seven Years War convention Facebook page was looking for volunteers to sign up for a PBM game of the Jacobite Rebellion how could I resist - kicks off Sunday.

Finally I think this Kickstarter is worth a bit of  a highlight https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1527901373/steel-fist-miniatures-english-civil-war-in-15mm/comments
Oliver James is a self taught sculptor and these 15mm are super and compatible with Peter Pig, there's a few days left so be tempted.

Keep safe everyone and at least our hobby is very conducive to self isolation 😀






10 comments:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Thats the spirit Graham. Im trying to keep off alcohol but have found Cadburys chocolate a substitute. Sadly there were no takers from the Russian brides site.Youre right about the Steelfist figures they are beautiful but the wrong scale.

Bluewillow said...

Similar Graham,

Hunkering down, painting soldiers, doing more renovations on the wargames room, disappointed about Salute....had my tickets booked, but thankfully not the train tickets or accomodation from France.

On the home front already eaten all the crisps, chocolate and low on biscuits, so no more for at least a week here! On a plus the wife is happy to learn a skirmish game!

Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays

Graham C said...

Matt,
would have been good to meet you. At least there's a silver lining in that your good lady is skirmishing gaming - long may it last. You will have to improve on making the rations last though. All the best

Ray Rousell said...

The figures look pretty cool Graham.

Aly Morrison said...

Nice subtle work on the plaids Graham...
Trust me that is not a messy desk... you can still see the cutting mat...
Play By Mail... so old school:-)... though I am considering doing something in that vein with my daughter...
All the best. Aly

Doug said...

I have also been wondering about a Jacobite campaign. And incidentally, checking today with Charles to see if any of his programmable scenarios were available in PDF, as I left the book on loan to someone in Oz. It's going to be painting for me for the foreseeable future. Although if PBeM comes up, I'm going to jump at it.

Graham C said...

Aly,
I did clear the mat a little before the photo so you could see the figures 🤣
Actually I think old school PBM with modern technology has a lot to merit it. I think even when this is over I shall explore running some mini campaigns I've really enjoyed the battle.

Graham C said...

Doug,
Let me know if you have success finding any PDF's if not message me and I will see what I can do

Doug said...

Hi Graham, I checked with Charles and he said if we could find any PDFs we were welcome to use them. So far no joy. Kicking myself I didn't make sure I had all the loans returned before I left Oz, never mind the Australian leadpile, painted and unpainted. Any help greatly appreciated.

Graham C said...

Doug,
Have a look here http://chuckgame.blogspot.com/2016/10/table-top-teasers-cs-grant-wargame.html
I have e.mailed you