Sunday 30 June 2019

Chilled Sunday afternoon

since moving home and setting the loft to be a bit of den I have managed to meet up with a colleague from my school days.
Steve and I go a long way back initially playing board games, then figure games. When I went in the Police he joined the army and whilst we never lost touch time and life conspired against us.
Steve lives in the same village and he quite rightly pointed out it we be could if we could set aside some time for some quality gaming.
So recently we've been getting together on most Sundays - Steve likes World War II so I've been quite happy us gaming with Blitzkrieg Commander IV out intention being to get to know the rules etc.
This weekend was an attack defence game with me taking the part of the British.
Photos below, whilst the objective was for the British to get infantry on the crossroads which I failed to do, the Chrurchills broke the German centre and broke their morale.

I have to admit I've enjoyed the rules immensely and really enjoy these chilled out few hours on a Sunday. Perhaps it's because we play the game and not the rules agreeing on points not covered based on our knowledge etc. perhaps it's because it's just good company and quality time.








3 comments:

StuartInsch said...

The best way to play a game and a damned fine way to spend a Sunday,

'Lee. said...

That's a great looking game Graham and something else I am missing - an opponent who's company I really enjoy :)

Graham C said...

Stuart/Lee
Yup it’s good to get back to simple gaming on a regular basis- roll in next Sunday
��