Saturday 27 April 2019

The long and the short

Since moving I haven't had a lot of time to resurrect my 3D printer.
I've had Dan ( my digital sculptor) do a little more work on the Prussian/Hessian infantry and also do a Fusilier head.
He has completed the work and it was therefore a good time to have another play.

Whilst my own range is 1/56th scale being a typical gamer I still can't resist looking at other scales so on the test prints I decided to do my standard 1/56th but also thought I'd scale down to do some 18mm pieces.
The results are below - I know it's hard to see the resin 28's but they look really good but I decided to undercoat and ink the little guys and I'm really pleased with these guys - hmm questions to be asked?

Next week going to do some 1/72 and some 40mm pieces.


So lots of questions to be asked I think!

9 comments:

'Lee. said...

Those are excellent Graham, I continue to be amazed at the technology and it's results. The 18mm guys are superb and would easily take their place beside AB's - which seem to set the benchmark these days. Anatomically they are great and those long muskets so much better than the cut down versions seen on most other 18mm ranges. Look forward to seeing what you do with a 40mm trial too. You mentioned that some of the belts etc were a little shallow previously, looks like that's been sorted now?

Graham C said...

Lee,
Thanks and yes I think the belts issue has been sorted so a recast is on the cards

Iain said...

These look very enticing...and as Lee says, muslets of proportionate length, what a pleasure!

TamsinP said...

Lovely stuff! It's astounding the results you can produce with 3D printing

Graham C said...

Tamsin
It is and I'm only playing! I printed some 10mm armour off thingiverse - brilliant pieces.

StuartInsch said...

Very nice figures full stop, whatever the scale. Please keep playing!

Jiminho said...

Ditto for Stuart's comment above, Graham; superb results! I'll be paying close attention to this little project. Jim

Graham C said...

Thanks, the printer is up and running doing some 20mm and tomorrow some 40mm next week I will do some 10's !! Madness
Any suggestions, ideas, collaborations considered

Graham2401 said...

The 18mm figures injection moulded could create a new market. The majority of gamers here in Canada do big battles in 15/18mm metals but I think the same scale in hard plastic - like the aircraft/tank kits not the current "hard" plastic would be great.
Cheers,
Graham W