Wednesday 20 February 2019

What's on the desk

With preparations for Salute starting early due to my trip to America before the show painting time is a little tight but I'm determined to squeeze in some hours.

The next batch of Highlanders are on the table - I paint these in 12's all wearing the same Tartan then when I have about 60-70 painted I base them up varying the figures.

The horses for the British Horse Guards are under way - I don't enjoy painting black horses - a lot of effort for little show.

Ticking over a few more 15's for the first day at Gettysburg project and the fuzzies still waiting patiently for their 'lick' of paint to start.

All good and in the sidelines still more of the plastic and lead pile is getting sold off!


11 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Busy busy busy!

Graham C said...

Can't keep pace with you guys but keeps us going 😀

marinergrim said...

A busy desk. Enjoy the trip to the States

StuartInsch said...

That running figure looks interesting. Not seen him before?

(BTW - Get a glass plate picture taken whilst you're in Gettysburg. Great souvenir!)

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Nice to see you chipping away at the pile. Black horses are a bugger Graham. Ive started highlighting them with a mix of black and blue. The blue is the colour I used for the ACW trousers. It works honest. Enjoy the USA.

Warwick said...

Looking good. In turns of black horses, I either basecoat them black, drybrush dark grey then light black ink wash, or baseboard grey and then wash accordingly

Graham C said...

Paul,
You know me I like it full! But at least this time it's organised 😀

Graham C said...

Stuart
No you haven't I've done some running British infantry, next up some Grenadiers then get a few spun 🤣

Graham C said...

I will look at your suggestion re the glass plate picture

Graham C said...

Robbie,
Plenty to chip at. I will play around with your suggestion

Graham C said...

Warwick,
Thanks for the hints and tips between you and Robbie I will get them sorted