Sunday 25 November 2018

Battleground Show

Well Saturday was a hectic day, but first can I compliment Leon (Pendraken Miniatures) for hosting what I thought was the  best Battleground to date.
Whilst he told me numbers were slightly down on last year ( can't believe that - free entry, talks from the Battlefields Trust, good games etc) it felt busy all day. The show closes at 3 thus minimising the afternoon lull and really I didn't see any noticeable fall off until around 2.30.

I did manage to take some pics early on before the show opened so I missed some very good games, in terms of sales my main objective of clearing plastic and lead mountains went very well with very little coming home. Also sales of books and magazines was excellent -I'm always surprised some of the items - in particular the magazines I've been carrying around the shows for a few years this year they flew out the boxes.!
Onto the pics and in no specific priority
Colin Ashton's Battle of Zurich game - impressive to say the least and as you can see always with a touch of humour




 

























7 comments:

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Some awesome looking games there Graham. For those of us unable to attend the shows the piccies are a real bonus. Loved the Toblerone and the one with the clever representation of a rocket being fired? Glad you had a profitable time as well. JBM.

Carlo said...

Great looking photos Graham- seems like it was a sensational show.

TamsinP said...

Great pics of the games, Graham :)

Graham C said...

It was certainly a really good show and one that is growing in stature Year on year

Graham C said...

Carlo,
Indeed it was just a pity I couldn't spend more time looking - need to find a helper.

Graham C said...

Tamsin,
Thankyou not too bad for a 15 minute pre.opening run around 🤣

Sgt. Guinness said...

Those are some great looking games! Big Fun, eh. I'm going to have to copy the rocket representation, well done.
Cheers,
JB