Monday 31 January 2022

Plans for the Year - a bit late!

 Well just managing to squeeze this post in before the end of the first month! A few health issues and a lot of over thinking has caused delays in this post but I think I’m about there in terms of what I’d like to achieve.

I created Crann Tara miniatures all those years ago for one main reason - to allow me to refight the Jacobite Rebellion. Well in the intervening years I was diverted by running the business and whilst slow progress has been made it hadn’t reached the conclusion I wanted. 

So first priority is to finish all the pieces for the Culloden refight. This to be displayed at Partizan in May so all the stops are out for this.  I have also decided that this will be my last demonstration game, my first demo game was Marston Moor in 1984 at the Coatham Memorial Hall in Redcar.  From that date I have hardly missed a year, in the early years I was joined by two colleagues Gordon ( the terrain maker and Leigh) We always aimed to present a new game at Partizan and usually resurrected a game for Triples and Derby. But Partizan was always our favourite show and I guess we grew together so it seems fitting for the final battle on U.K. soil to be my swan song at Partizan.

What follows is a random selection of pics from some demo games and my collections. Unfortunately I need to find the old photos of the majority of our games although the Partizan website does show a number of them.



















Following that I would like to complete my 15mm ECW and ACW projects supported by Lee Gramson (Napoleonic therapy project) then I aim to have figures to refight Edgehill and the first day at Gettysburg.

Third play more board games, I have always been a fan of board games and have a pretty good collection but they are greatly underplayed and I need to redress that.

And there I draw the line. Behind the scenes there is ongoing 15mm Ancients etc and I’m sure there may be the odd butterfly that comes along.

Of course there will also be the continuing sorting of the collections and most probably some disposals.

It’s a wonderful hobby but I now need to see more tabletop games rather than the continual painting ๐Ÿ˜ƒ


9 comments:

Rupert Clamp said...

How long before you get distracted by a new project? Im already butterflying off my projects from just reading this post :-)(great looking demos)

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Good on yer Graham, it looked like there were some belting games played back in the day. Glad to hear you’ll be getting some lead back out on the table to delight us with.

Tiberian general said...

A fantastic select of wonderful SYW eye candy Graham.


Willz.

Ray Rousell said...

With no Salute this year, we're all planning to go to Partizan. I look forward to see your Culloden game!

Rohan said...

Great pictures, Graham, and good luck for your plans for the year, and hopefully better & good health. Cheers, Rohan.

Carlo said...

Wonderful looking figures Graham.

ronniec said...

I hope that's you properly back on your feet at last.
And thank you for the wonderful photos.
Ronnie

Graham C said...

Gents,
Thanks for the comments -
Rupert, not long I guess, have you seen Flags of War forthcoming Border Reivers ๐Ÿ˜†
JBM there have been some excellent games over the years.
Ray - I think it’s a better show than Salute, looking forward to seeing you
Rohan and Ronnie - health is improving but it seems to be along haul

DaveD said...

Wishing you a great year Graham . I agree totally . Less painting , more gaming