Thursday 2 September 2021

A private enterprise

 The sale of Crann Tara has given me the opportunity to review and consider what I want to do with my 18th century collection. The 30mm flat project gains pace and is focused solely on the Austrians and Prussians but I think I would like those armies to add to my collection.

Hence I have commissioned Bob Souter (eBob miniatures) to make me some Prussians and Austrians the first few figures can be seen below. Some of the pieces have separate hats in order that I can make different pieces.

First up is the line up of Prussian and Austrians standard bearers and drummers all have separate hats so don’t take too much notice of who is wearing what

The first pair of Grenzers - an Officer and skirmishers are under way
Austrian musketeer
Hungarians

Prussian Grenadier




The figures will not be for general retail I’m afraid, however I would consider one or two private partners if anyone else wanted to help invest in getting more figures sculpted and bought at cost. But again that would be on the understanding anything made would not be for general sale.  I currently have a list of what else  I want doing - artillery crews ( waistcoated working crews?) and the Dragoons/Cuirassiers . Other bits and pieces I’m not contemplating at present as it’s most probably cheaper to buy them from elsewhere.

7 comments:

StuartInsch said...

What lovely figures. I especially like the Croats.
Nice to have your own project to indulge in a little bit.

marinergrim said...

Now don't they look appetising? Nothing wrong with a bit of indulgence.

tradgardmastare said...

Excellent looking figures, l too am most taken by the Croats.

The Jolly Broom Man said...

You know some pretty talented people mate. They look great!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Yes, I'll echo previous commenters. Great looking sculpts, especially the croats.

Best Regards,

Stokes

The Tiberian General. said...

Lovely looking figures Graham, the Austrian musketeer is a smart looking figure and the Croats are very cool.


Willz Harley.

Rohan said...

Great looking figures, Graham . I especially like the Hungarian chaps. Cheers, Rohan.