Tuesday 31 August 2021

Off the bench and a big thankyou

 Today was spent on a major tidy up, my small gaming table had become an overspill area for the paint desk and general dumping ground for work in progress, items awaiting sorting etc. So this last week I was determined to reclaim it in order to return to some board gaming. 

Over the last week I’ve finished basing 100  15mm ECW infantry,

Finished painting a 20mm units of Napoleonic Nassau infantry, a 24 man unit of 30mm  Prussian SYW flat figures, 16 15mm Macedonian pike,12 x28mm FIW Hurons and a few other bits and pieces, I won’t show pics of all the figures but I pulled out some of the 30mm Prussians as I’d forgotten how much I enjoy painting them



I will get the full collection out shortly to take some more pics.

I’ve also pushed on with preparing bits and pieces for the ECW games, I bought some blank playing cards and have stuck the chaunce cards Tony (Prometheus in Aspic blog) has made available, on the other side I’ve used some coloured illustrations off the Iron Mitten blog after having got permission to use them many, many moons ago.

I’ve also started preparing some character cards courtesy of the Jolly Broom man for use in campaign games. 



Finally there’s a huge thanks to Lee from (Napoleonic therapy blog) Lee has been doing some painting for me of the 15mm ECW and he very kindly sent me all sorts of bits he no longer has use for, there’s a 6x4 terrain cloth with hex grid for use with Command and Colours figure games, 


A box full of his home made rivers and roads Ned another box with trees, fields rough terrain markers etc.




This wonderful hobby has brought me into contact with lots of people over the years and on the whole I have found the vast majority to be really friendly and supportive who just want to share their enthusiasm for the hobby with like minded individuals . So thanks Lee these will all be extremely useful.
Hopefully some gaming is planned for next week- let’s see !.



7 comments:

The Tiberian General. said...

I love those flat figures Graham they really look smart very iconic looking.


Willz Harley.

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Those units look really good mate. Basing that many is a bit of trial I know, but the results speak for themselves. Strange to see those leader cards again after all this time! Also…we’re going to need a proper march past when you’ve got them all done.

Aly Morrison said...

The 7 Years War flats are lovely Graham…
Full on old school….

All the best. Aly

marinergrim said...

Very smart Prussians. And quite a haul.

'Lee. said...

I agree about those flats Graham, they are a bit special! Did you paint the flags? So are these still in production and available?

You are most welcome to the mat and the bits, I know you will get some use out of them :)

Lee.

Graham C said...

Gents
Thanks for the comments.
Lee,
The majority of the figures are from Berliner Zinnfiguren and they run an excellent flea market as well. Others I tracked down to the new publisher of Kieler flats. Still a very thriving market out there for ‘flats’.

tradgardmastare said...

Flatastique!