Saturday 22 May 2021

Workbench Saturday

 Trying to get bits and pieces sorted and off the bench at the moment so today saw 50 highlanders bases finished - standard still to be issued.

(Sorry for the quality of the photos - poor light today)





I also pressed on doing a few conversions, managed to get the Ranger crew for the Bateaux 95% done, the French cavalry for the FIW and Swedish infantry are progressing well and tomorrow hope to finish them and do the French Marines for the bateaux 


I also undercoated a figure from Caballero Miniatures, I got a few of these for no reason other than they are wonderful sculpts and are resin printed. Unfortunately I had to sell my resin printer due to bad reactions to the resin, cleaning fluids and fumes - even with PPE! 

The pieces were printed for me by Georgios Galazoulas in Greece who holds a licence for the figures and is also a very talented painter.



I will slide the pole of the standard down to touch the base, the other pieces I will assemble and show next post, they are excellent.

8 comments:

Extrabio47 said...

Lovely work, Graham. The Ranger conversions for the bateaux are wonderful. It will be a stunning model once everything is finished and painted.

Thank you for sharing.

Bill

marinergrim said...

Very nice pieces all round

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely toys Graham...
It’s nice to see that your butterfly is healthy 😁

All the best. Aly

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Always like to see the results of your “work”. Quality AND quantity as usual.

Norm said...

The crusader figure is a beautiful sculpt.

Stryker said...

The Highlanders look great - reminds me I must stop painting Napoleonics and start on mine!

Graham C said...

Gents,
Thanks for the comments.
Aly
Where would we be without the butterfly ? Keeps us young 🤣
Norm,
The quality of both the sculpt and the print are excellent

Rohan said...

Excellent figures and basing, Graham. I think the crusader is superb - very evocative - Hattin comes immediately to mind!

Those Bateaux look intriguing .. my wallet is twitching again...Oh dear!

Cheers, Rohan.