Sunday 18 April 2021

Marching off the bench

I managed to finish basing and issuing the colours to two units this week. Regiment Rochow for the Saxons, an actual Grenadier regiment rather than one made of of detachments from other units. 

Flags are the material ones from Maverick models and I like them a lot.


Next up is Loudon’s regiment painted by Jez from Shakespeare studios. The figures are conversions I did from other pieces in my range and are originally designed for the FIW hence the ladder lace on the cuffs which I know is wrong for the militia in the ‘45 but I just didn’t fancy carving and filing it all off so a compromise was made 😁

Flags from Flags Of War.

I have the cords to add to the standards of both units, hopefully this week.


What’s next ? Hmm decisions to be made - there’s a lot on the bench 🤣

5 comments:

ronniec said...

Graham, can I ask what alterations you did make to the original figures?
Ronnie

'Lee. said...

Two brilliant units Graham. I really like those kilt 'impressions' they work perfectly.

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed Graham...
I take it that this is your idea of ‘doing some work in the garden’ 😁

All the best. Aly

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Both lovely units Graham.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Very handsome work, Graham!