Thursday 18 March 2021

The Jacobites assemble

 My Jacobite army project has dragged on for way too long so I have set myself a time limit to have the army completed bu October of this year.

So I thought it would be timely if I paraded the troops to see what I had exactly - 

In summary I need around another 80 Highlanders and the same number of Lowlanders, some 4 pounders and crews and a siege train. In addition to some more characters etc. That should give me enough to do a number of the games I have planned including Culloden, although I don’t think you can ever have enough Highlanders.

I intend to do some conversions to increase the variety of Lowlanders and I did three additional highlanders which I’ve never released.

Any way heres a few pics.









The Irish Piquets didn’t make the photo shoot as they’re in the French Infantry box 😁 but I intend to do another unit specifically made for the army rather than pinching bases from the parent unit.


As a foot note thanks to everyone who has bought the Montcalm figure I’ve broken the £300 and hopefully can reach £400 soon.

13 comments:

Stryker said...

Very impressive army and an inspiration to increase my current Jacobite Wars painting from just 4 figures! Will we be seeing the British on parade?

Graham C said...

Stryker
It’s most probably time I got the British troops out again so I think you will.
😁

Independentwargamesgroup said...

A beautiful array Graham you talented bugger.

Doug said...

Now I feel so guilty about even my tiny number of Jacobites left in a box awaiting paint. I might be inspired to get them out once I've finished these grenadiers.

Lovely work, and very impressive in those sort of numbers.

StuartInsch said...

They look damned fine Graham, nice to see a Jacobite army that is that big. Impressive!

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Now that’s what I call an army. I particularly like the basing. Top job (as usual)!

Donnie McGibbon said...

Super to see them en-masse, a lovely looking collection, plenty of inspiration for me to get on with mine!!

marinergrim said...

Impressive and nicely done.

'Lee. said...

Graham, they look superb! I really like the muted shades overall and of course the figures are beautiful examples of the model soldiers makers art with lean anatomy and those long true size muskets so often under scale on modern ranges.

ronniec said...

Wow, wow, wow!
Fantastic start to the day to see this one.
Ronnie

Chris Gregg said...

They look absolutely brilliant Graham. I've downloaded the pics ready for reference for your next painting commission!!!? :-). I believe Guy is trying to find a way to help your next invasion of England by getting you and your Jacobites down to the Cotswolds to join his for a game.
Chris
https://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/

Phil said...

Most impressive lines of battle...gorgeous!

Aly Morrison said...

An splendid body of men Graham...
I look forward to seeing your government troops on parade as well...

All the best. Aly