Wednesday 17 January 2018

Rome Part 2

Whilst the motivation is there and I'm waiting on the figures and buildings to arrive I did recall committing to a Kickstarter a couple of years ago for an amphithetre so to while away the last coupleof nights I rattled through the construction of this.



There's a couple of bits to tidy up after I've sprayed it. Not bad for two nights work and no instructions! Down side was on the last but one section I was one piece missing for the fencing but I will make something out of plasticard.
The company was called Hurlbatt but they appear to have been bought out and this is no longer available. I also found time to build a warbases Villa and walls.

And just so Robbie knows I'm keeping focussed I've just started painting 42 horses to finish off some French cavalry.

14 comments:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Graham thats a lovely looking thing. Just so you are aware it will need to be painted pink. Latest research shows the Colosseum was a tasteful pink.

Colin Ashton said...

Fantastic model.

Graham C said...

Robbie
Could be off white with a hint of pink

Graham C said...

Colin,
As much as I love 18th century ancients is my first love 😀

marinergrim said...

That is one cracking model. Glad I'm not painting it.

Graham C said...

Army painter skeleton bone spray and weathering powders I think

MSFoy said...

Looks terrific. Hurlbat have gone through some shapechanging recently. Not easy people to keep in touch with.

Now you have to paint 10,000 spectators - Army Painter probably do spectator-coloured paint, so it should be easy enough. Just spray them.

StuartInsch said...

Textured emulsion (sandex?) might be the thing Graham. Drybrushed with a paler colour.
Stick Gladiator on the box to keep you inspired!

TamsinP said...

That's quite the terrain piece Graham - look forward to seeing it painted up :)

tidders said...

Great model - a painting challenge, plus all the speckled taters to do

I must get a base sorted out for my 54mm amphitheatre made using some playmobil bits - and paint the gladiators ... . :)

Graham C said...

Spectators!!! all my games are played behind closed doors :) No have to think about that may have to cast some.

Graham C said...

One can of army painter skeleton bone been used today, a trip to Wilko's tomorrow for some tester pots for the highlighting.

Graham C said...

Tamsin,
I've started!! Hopefully won't be too long definitely getting painted for practicality

Graham C said...

Allan,
54mm!!!! You had to didn't you :) can't wait to see it.