Tuesday 31 October 2023

Month end update!

 Well I almost let this month slide out of view. I hadn’t meant it to be so quiet but with the birth of two more granddaughters it’s all been a bit  hectic, but I promise I have been productive and I will post a few pics as teasers with more in the next update.

I finished the redoubt for the Bunker Hill game and have started painting more militia to garrison it, a few command bases to come as well.



Pendraken have announced quite a few new pieces are coming incl. militia artillery crew, naval landing party, amusette etc so lots more to look forward to.

I also got engrossed in a series of videos on you tube by the Crusty Colonel on his Dux Brittaniarum campaign now I knew already had some buildings, figures and the rules so a quick check in the loft and hey presto two forces assembled. I shall show all the figures next time! I’m using Forged in Battle for the Arthurians and Wiglaf minis with a few Splintered light for the Saxons….. now I know the Saxons are far later period but I like them and it’s my game.







The fort is from Forged in Battle and I think is excellent, really enjoyed painting this which of course means my campaign will be based in the North.

Finally I managed to pick up a collection of very well painted ‘epic’ ACW for not a lot of money from a gamer who has suddenly decided to give up, some 160 bases of infantry, 24 artillery bases and 40+ bases of skirmishers. No cavalry unfortunately (but I have some to paint) but quite a few Zouaves and some Iron Brigade. This acquisition coincided with me buying ‘With Hot Lead and Cold Steel’ a new set of ACW rules which after a cursory examination look interesting and I hope to get a game played next week, it even got me to pull some of 1995 purchases of these scenario books by George Anderson and Ryan Toews


So let’s see what transpires have a great Halloween and keep safe…


5 comments:

The Jolly Broom Man said...

So much to like in this post, but that fort takes the ruddy biscuit. Marvellous! Congrats on the grandkids front too!

Norm said...

Agree, the fort is the dog’s …….

Excellent project pretty much jacked up after your loft investigation. The ACW sounds like a nice find, having them pre-painted makes a massive difference - I am finding them just too time consuming to paint in terms of effort Vs result and just can’t adopt a technique that will make it work for me.

That was a nice little surprise from Pendraken on the new sculpts, I can’ remember that on the radar!

Aly Morrison said...

A splendid piece of butterflying Graham…
I second JBM the fort is lovely and congratulations on the grandchildren.

All the best. Aly.

StuartInsch said...

That's a cracking piece of real estate, first time Ive seen the two elements combined like that. Very nice.

Congratulations on the new arrivals to the family.

Tiberian general said...

I love the fort Graham.



Willz.