Thursday 8 June 2023

Quatre Bras project - some progress.

 Some of you may recall that when Warlord released their Epic Napoleonic I thought it would look good to use them for DBN and the Waterloo campaign - starting with Quatre Bras and using 1 base to a battalion. That is still the main priority however after Norm’s (Battlefields and Warriors) excellent Wavre campaign using Keith Flints Shadow of the Eagles I thought I’d tweak the project and have the option of using his rules as well. Keith uses a standard four bases to a battalion so I’ve used this to translate into two epic bases. Although large battalions 900+ I will make 3 bases.

It does mean I have more French to paint however for the Allies I’ve just finished the British 5th Brigade




 
So the 30th, 33rd, 69th and 73rd Battalions under the command of Sir Colin Halkett prepare to take to the field. The Guards brigades are finished so now I’m starting on the Hanoverians 😁. 

In other news a week tomorrow (Friday) I will be travelling to the Wild Geese weekend. Good company, great gaming and a little alcohol ( not allowed to drink too much 😩) Really looking forward to this as it’s been some years since I’ve been.

Take care everyone.


5 comments:

Norm said...

Lovely painting job, I particularly admire the work on the British at this scale because of that lace. this is going to look excellent. Also, I am interested to see the impact of ‘large’ 3 base units on the table, as SotE unusually doesn’t demand the physical representation of the larger formation.

Enjoy your wargame break.

'Lee. said...

Coming along nicely Graham. Have a great weekend.

Tiberian general said...

A fine looking body of men Graham, I will see you next Friday.
I intend to arrive around midday as the traffic down south gets too busy later in the day. I am sure we can have a couple of beers, looking forward to catching up.


Willz.

Donnie McGibbon said...

Cracking work on the British regiments, you have done a super job on them, must admit the lure of Napoleonic Epic is quite strong!

Aly Morrison said...

Cracking stuff there Graham…
Looking forward to seeing you at the weekend…

All the best. Aly