Wednesday 30 June 2021

Crann Tara miniatures marches to a new drum

 You will all be aware from previous comments that the success of Crann Tara has brought with it it's own problems for me, mainly the increasing demands on my time and also the ability to keep creating new product.

Dave Ryan the owner of Caliver Books ( https://www.caliverbooks.com) came to the rescue with an offer to buy the business and continue to take it forward, so as from the 1st July Dave/Caliver will take over the running of Crann Tara.
All orders up to the 30th will be processed by me and I ask ( if you can ) that you don't place any orders today (30th June) as a lot of work has to take place to prepare for the transition.
All my stock and moulds will be delivered to Caliver shortly but in the meantime continue to place orders as normal from the 1st and keep your eyes open as I know there are a lot of new releases coming very soon.
It has been 9 years since Crann Tara was created and it feels a bit like your child leaving home and the journey with many of you has been a good one. Thankyou for all your support and helping me develop this dream.
Finally I will still be selling Ratnik Miniatures they have gone for casting at Griffin they will be available to pre.order from my colleagues shop here https://www.gamingfigures.com/.../Ratnik-Miniatures-18th... from today.
So at last I will be able to paint more of the figures I’ve made and complete the demo games Ive had planned for the last few years.
Many thanks everyone.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch

8 comments:

The Tiberian General. said...

Good news going forward Graham.
Thank you for your vision in creating these figures 9 years ago.
It has helped me increase my interest and advancement in my 18th
century armies.
Hope to see you some time soon.


Stay safe and happy gaming,
Willz Harley.

Ray Rousell said...

All the best Graham, it must have been a wrench letting them go?

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Well that’s sad but kind of good too. I hope that without the hassle of business ownership you get more time to enjoy the hobby.

JBM

Graham C said...

Gents,
Thanks for the comments.
Ray,
Having your own figure range can make you into a bit of a megalomaniac - they’re mine and no one else can have them 🤣 and yes it was a very hard decision to make to let go but that was balanced by my need to get back to painting and gaming

ronniec said...

Received this morning, the last package which will bare the legend, " From G Cummings". A bittersweet moment.
I hope retirement brings you more free time than it ever has for me!!!!!!
Ronnie

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Thats a real shame Graham because it was very clear to me that you enjoyed the figures you produced and sold. It is a cracking range and you should be very proud of what you achieved, well done.

Bluewillow said...

All the Best wishes Graham, you have produced a wonderful range that will be around for some time I suspect, all the best with your retirement

cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays

Graham C said...

Robbie,
Thoroughly enjoyed the journey and where it went, but the time is right and any figures I make from now on ( and there will be some) will be all mine 🤣😁🤪