Saturday 19 December 2020

Merry! Christmas ?

 




Well without getting into any political, moral or scientific debate  as to the rights or wrongs over the decision to effectively ban Christmas, feels like the good olde days of Cromwell 😩. I sincerely hope that you can all find some festive spirit this Christmas.

For my part my wife is having to work Christmas Day and Boxing Day and right through New Year so a low key Christmas was already on the cards. I will go for a walk with my son Christmas morn and we may have a wee dram to celebrate but that will be it. 

In all honesty I quite welcome a quiet Christmas this year with time to reflect and plan but  I sincerely hope you can all find something positive at this time and let’s hope 2021 starts to bring an end to this pandemic.

As usual at this time it’s also time to think about projects etc for the coming year. I think I have just about sold all projects I identified as making no further progress or unlikely to be started.

So next year 18th century will continue to feature large, the Culloden project I went to get on display, 28mm Saxons to be completed, new skirmish games in the FIW and the Caribbean and the 30mm  flats in action.

There’s also a new 18th century plan bubbling away - more anon.

The 15mm ACW I would like to complete for the first day at Gettysburg and I’d like to expand the 15mm ancient armies to maybe return to some WRG 5th/6th edition gaming!

Napoleon if naval will continue to progress slowly and I’m hoping to get a lot more board gaming in as I’ve enjoyed the return to this particular part of the hobby- let’s see where I’m at same time next year?

 I am so grateful for the friends I have gained all round the world through this hobby even if I have never met the majority and during this year this hobby and those individuals have kept me sane - so thank you and finally can I seriously wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL.






10 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

You know, a quiet, low key Christmas ain't so bad, Graham. Life is too fraught the rest of the year, covid related lock-downs notwithstanding. Things used to be more relaxed not that many decades ago. Any chance to make the world go away for a day or three is welcomed relief in my book. That said, I am very eager to see what new 18th century stuff emerges from the Crann Tara vaults in 2021. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stokes

The Jolly Broom Man said...

Merry Christmas to you too mate. Shan’t be sorry to see the back of 2020 that’s for sure.

James Fisher said...

All the best to you and family Graham. With all those projects to start it will be a busy time for you!
Regards, James

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

A Merry Christmas to you and yours .

Carlo said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Graham. Stay safe, enjoy the dram, and we will all be in touch again in the New Year. Very best wishes.

Aly Morrison said...

That looks like a damn fine Presbyterian Christmas card to me Graham...
I think attitudes had softened by the time I was a lad thought...
We could have Christmas... but we were not allowed to enjoy it 😂😂😂...
I look forward to seeing all your new projects ... and yourself... next year

Have a safe and merry Christmas and a happy New Year...

All the best. Aly

Aly Morrison said...

Scots comedian Rikki Fulton Comes to mind...
https://youtu.be/pAiIkBS0ECk

All the best. Aly

Graham C said...

Gents,
Thank you very much for your comments.
Aly,
The video is superb thank you.
All the best

Chris Gregg said...

What an impressive list of projects and wishes Graham, hope you will manage to get them to fruition......and I'm sure your Christmas elf-ette would look lovely if you could get her to smile! Seasons Greetings, Chris

Rohan said...

Merry Christmas & best wishes for a Happy, if quiet, Festive Season to you and your loved ones.
Your projects sound exciting & like others, I look forward to the 18th Century output. Does Schaumberg light any candles?? ;-)
Please keep safe & well, & I hope the Brexit & Covid lockdowns do not effect you badly, and especially not shipments to the "penal colonies"!
Cheers for now (he says raising a glass of Laphroaig!