Sunday 1 September 2019

Battle of Maidstone redux!

I have just been finishing my next article for the Wargames Annual and it is the second part of the proposed Invasion of England 1744.
Now I did a brief report of the Battle I fought on here which will form the basis of the article however what I did forget at the time was that iPad photos just don't cut it when it comes to publishing in books or magazines so this week I set it all up again and took a new set of far better photos, couple of teasers below.





   All in all 90+ photos - can't see Charles using them all otherwise it would be a Crann Tara special.
Off to the States shortly to see my son, last time I visit Chicago as he moves to Denver in October so next year will see a visit to a new state.
Unfortunately printing and painting has slowed down these last couple of weeks as I've taken the leap in renting a small office/studio to run the business from it will allow me a little more space and should stop distractions🤣 So lots of preparation in getting ready to move stock etc.
I have been dabbling with GW contrast paints - mixed results as I expected a lot depending on the colours and undercoat but I shall persevere.

5 comments:

tidders said...

Lovely photos - will look forward to seeing the article in the annual.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Super game photos!

Martin said...

Hi Graham!

Those are some excellent photos. I'm looking forward to reading the article, and the entire Annual! When you get to Denver, you'll have to go to the Buckhorn Tavern, Denver's oldest restaurant, for a unique dining experience. Be sure to sample the Rocky Mountain Oysters! The Bowdoins are pretty tasty as well!

Safe Travels,

Martin

Graham C said...

Martin
All duly noted for next years visits 🤣

David said...

Looking forward to seeing the article in the annual! Enjoy your jaunt Stateside!