Friday, 15 January 2016

work bench

Progress this week has not be as I'd hoped, partly due to the fact that I painted the wrong cuff colours on half of Munro's regiment who are now based and waiting for the base to dry before the ground is painted and standards issued.

According to the cloathing book the regiment had red cuffs with yellow lace up until 1748 when it the adopted standard practice of cuffs, turnbacks etc all being the same.

Asa result I didn't get the conversions/new releases finished but maybe this weekend, I also finished off a base of Belgian Napoleonic infantry (20mm Newline design) based for the Blucher rules - quite pleased with the number of figures etc so may progress with this project!!!



6 comments:

  1. I like those horses with the empty saddles. Are those new to the Crann Tara range? I could use a few of those for some vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      They're for the horseholder I feel they need a little work before release but I will send you some to see what you think.
      Graham

      Delete
  2. Graham,
    Im working my way through Duffys book on the Jacobite war, it is very enlightening to read his observations on the raising of the clans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie,
    It's a fascinating period. A lot going on other than just the battles everyone knows. The book itself is an excellent read
    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very interesting Graham. Love your workbench pictures as it makes me look positively psychotic with my "too many figures on the go" mentality! You are very focussed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me focussed!!! You ought to see what I take out of camera shot before taking the photos :)

      Delete