Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas ( and its all Carlo's fault - him an his pyjamas)

First and foremost can I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope Santa brings you lots of nice things tomorrow and that you all have a great festive holiday.

I haven't posted as much as I wanted but that is primarily due to my other blog and the Crann Tara Miniatures being released at a far faster rate :)

However I aim to redress that next year and post more game reports next year.

I have been blown off course slightly by Carlo over on the 'With Pyjama's through the desert' blog.

He has spent time pulling together Peter Gilders Sudan rules and published them - 'The Sands of The Sudan'.
I couldn't resist buying a copy as I recall the original campaign series by Peter in Wargames World all those years ago!!!

I have always wanted to play Sudan and these fit the bill - my only restraint due to time, cost and space was I didn't go for 28mm so 15mm it is and in the last couple of weeks I've painted a horde (small one ) of Ansar etc and in two session a 60 figure British Battalion - its waiting for the bases to be finished. This means I can get this diversion under way in the very near future.

Just a few quick picks of the 'enemy' - still on the green board for the moment - sorry!!



All the figures are by Peter Pig - I have some Blue Moon to try - slightly taller but they should look ok.
See you next year.

8 comments:

Carlo said...

Merry Christmas Graham. Still laughing from your post mate and accept all responsibility for your wonderful new distraction mate. All the best and well done on the massive new collection!

marinergrim said...

Merry Christmas to you too

Grigork said...

Merry Christmas

Graham C said...

Carlo,
You have a lot to answer for! All of it good 😄 really looking forward to gaming with these little chaps.
Enjoy your christmas

Graham C said...

Merry Christmas Paul, hope the festivities haven't distracted you from what's important! 😄

Graham C said...

Grigork,
Thank you sir hope you've had a good day

Capt Bill said...

All of Beerstein wishes you a very happy holiday season...Bill

Graham C said...

Bill,
many thanks Albion reciprocates and may your New Year be a good one.
Graham