Tuesday 5 February 2013

Crann Tara Miniatures Update

 For those that dont follow the Crann Tara blog I posted this entry on the 31st January.
'Yesterday I received a long e.mail from Richard, firstly apologising for his lack of communication (which given his current circumstances is understandable), but more importantly stating he has put all his projects on hold!
He is effectively acting as a full time carer for his mother and says that all sculpting has effectively stopped and that even when he has time he finds he hasn't the energy to do professional sculpting justice.
This is a major blow for me and whilst he hasn't given up he has put the project on hold with no ability to predict when he can start again.
This leaves me with a predicament of what to do;-

I can sit tight and just wait - bearing in mind the project was for me originally.
I can look for some alternative sculptors - I have made some tentative enquiries but I'm not yet convinced they can match Richard's style.
I can look to sell up and possibly start all over again.
None of the decisions are easy to take as I have spent a bit of money on the project etc and have money set aside to continue the range but equally I don't just want the money to be sitting doing nothing.
Any thoughts?'

I have received comments and suggestions all of which are valid, including Frank of Minden Miniatures and as yet I'm still not quite certain of which way to turn.

No comments: